"It's important that someone comes and installs the equipment, that the device isn't just mailed to them. Seniors need relationships and human voices." - Geriatric Nurse Specialist
Manitoba’s leading medical alarm service lives where you live, providing face-to-face service, rapid response and hands on care.
As a service of the Victoria General Hospital Foundation, we are integrated into the healthcare system with a large network of professionals who regularly refer to our program. We have a great appreciation for front line caregivers who support patient recovery both in and out of the hospital setting.
Victoria Lifeline offers these important service features for your patients:
- Personalized service - a local Home Service Representative will install the equipment and demonstrate how it works. Our caring staff will arrange the installation appointment as quickly as possible.
- The ability to answer an incoming telephone call by pressing the Personal Help Button, so patients don’t risk a fall rushing to the phone.*
- Equipment that self-identifies when servicing is required. If the battery needs replacing in the button for example, the Response Centre will receive a low-battery signal and we will call the client to schedule a service appointment.
- Advanced fall detection technology. The AutoAlert button is designed to call for help automatically if a fall is detected and your patient is injured, immobilized or unconscious.
- A Response Centre that can answer a help call in multiple languages. The Response Centre has access to a language bank and can respond in over 120 languages.
- A waterproof button for patients to wear in the bath or shower, a common place for household slips and falls.
- A response protocol that ensures a call isn’t closed until help arrives in the client’s home. Your patients are never left wondering if help is coming when they need it the most.
- A medical alert service that is part of a hospital foundation and integrated into the healthcare system. Local support means better service for your patients.
- Patients feel confident knowing Victoria Lifeline’s representatives are nearby if they need help or have questions.
*Available with the 6000 series communicator units.
The stats are in! In 2018, Victoria Lifeline answered 86,200 button presses, and resolved 35% of help needed calls without calling EMS. Here is a snapshot of 2018, highlighting Victoria Lifeline's positive impact and potential saved lives for our clients and the healthcare system as a whole.