Be Empathetic & Inclusive...
We understand that there are many determinants of healthy living, and that our community is home to a diverse ethnic, economic and aging community with at-risk populations. We will focus on better outcomes by targeting root causes of health disparities so that we can improve the health and well-being of all members of our community.
The Victoria Lifeline Subsidy Program aims to provide medical alarms to all eligible individuals at a subsidized rate so that income is not a barrier to having this potentially life-saving service.
The program was first introduced in 1994 based on the philosophy that anyone who needs the service should have access to a medical alarm, regardless of age, ability or income. Over the last 23 years, our subsidy program has helped hundreds of people live with confidence and dignity in the comfort of their own home.
If you would like to refer someone to our program, please read through the following guidelines as they have recently changed.
- In order to determine eligibility, we require a copy of the most recent Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada. (If they have yet to file this year, we will accept an Assessment from the prior year)
- A completed Subsidy Program Application.
- In order to be eligible for the subsidy program, an individual's taxable income must be $16,000/year or less. Taxable income is listed as line item 260 on the Notice of Assessment Form. If the subscriber lives with a partner/spouse, total household taxable income must be less than $24,000.
Subsidized Service Options:
- HomeSafe Standard (wrist or neck option) - This is our traditional service offering, which includes a communicator unit and a waterproof button that the client pushes when they need help anytime day or night.
- HomeSafe with AutoAlert (pendant only) - As older adults and those living with chronic conditions are at risk for falls, we recently expanded the subsidy program to include the fall detection button.
- Wireless Communicator - Recognizing that some individuals can't afford to have a landline installed, we've also included our new Wireless Communicator in the program, which will is compatible with either the Standard Service or AutoAlert.
Under the guidelines, a subsidized client only pays 50% of the recurring monthly rate and the installation fee is also waived.
Please click on the link for a Sample Notice of Assessment Revenue Canada